Our Sydney New Home Build Service
Ferntree Homes will quote from your plans and build the perfect home to suit your lifestyle and budget.
When it comes to Sydney new home builds, you deserve the best. Building a new home in the Sutherland Shire is one of life’s biggest achievements and at Ferntree Homes, we’re with you every step of the way. You deserve a Sutherland Shire builder that can translate your unique taste into a design of excellence. Ferntree Homes is a Sydney builder of high-quality workmanship and innovative design and will deliver you an individual, exclusive property.
You probably have a good idea what you’re looking for in your Sutherland Shire new home build and at Ferntree Homes, we’ve got a home to suit every family, budget and lifestyle in Sydney. Our expert consultants can help you decide which design or which home and land package is best for you. To make things even easier for you, we’ve listed a typical Sutherland Shire New Home Build process so you’ll know exactly what to expect, what you’ll need to do and how excited you should be at each step of the way.
Our New Home Build Process
1. The Site Inspection
Once you’ve met with our expert consultants and chosen your favourite Sydney home design we can schedule a free site inspection. This will include:
- Visiting your Sydney land
- Assessing the costs of building
- Our inspector will look at the location of services, the slope of the land, location of trees, access for trades and deliveries.
From you, we’ll need:
- Your choice of favourite home design
- Detailed documentation of your block of land or land you’re thinking of buying. This includes the subdivision plan/site of your blog, a sewer diagram and 149 certificate (zoning certificate from your council(
2. The New Home Proposal
After we’ve inspected your Sutherland Shire land we’ll be in touch to organise a meeting where we can present your Sutherland Shire new home build proposal. This will include:
- Site costs (the cost to build on your specific block of land)
- Council and statutory requirements
- Any variations you may have requested to the standard Sydney home design
- Any value packages you may have selected
What we need from you:
- Any final changes you may require for your new home build need to be made at this point
- We advise you speak to your finance manager to make sure you’re comfortable with your loan approval
3. The Contract For Your New Home Build Project
You’ll be invited to Ferntree Homes head office so we can present your Sutherland Shire new home build plans and building agreement for you to sign.
- Prepare a full set of architectural drawings suitable for council
- Sign your building agreement and provide you with a copy
What we need from you:
- Your external colour choices including bricks, roof material, gutters, fascias, garage doors and windows. These all need to be selected so we can gain BASIX and send your plans to the council. But don’t worry, you won’t be on your own as one of our preferred brick suppliers will assist you in making your choices and in completing your BASIX checklist
- Provide confirmation of land ownership
- Provide details of your financier and loan amount
- Professional landscape plan (only if the council requires)
4. Begin Design Consultations for Your Sydney New Home Build
Your design consultations are when the fun truly begins. It’s where you’ll start making your Sydney new home build unique to you. Our expert suppliers and in-house design consultants will help in selecting colours, fixtures, appliances and everything else needed to make your Sutherland Shire home a reality.
Stage One: Appointments to be completed first with our external suppliers so you can choose the following:
- Kitchen design, layout and appliances
- Optional choice of window furnishings
Stage Two: Your design selection consultation will be held with one of Ferntree Home’s expert design consultatns. At this meeting you’ll decide on:
- Security alarm
- Stairs – both internal and external
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom fixtures
- Kitchen fixtures
- Doors – both internal and external
- Skirting boards, architraves and cornices
- Internal paint colour(s)
Stage Three: Your third and final meeting for your Sydney new home build will be our electrical consultation where you will choose all electrical finishes including:
- Power outlets
- Light fittings
- Two-way switches
- Exhaust fans
5. The New Home Build Pre-Construction
We’ll gather reports from suppliers and deal with all the complex paperwork before lodging a building application to the relevant council/certifier on your behalf.
What we do:
- Gather all required reports which may include; thermal report, BASIX report, hydraulic report, structural engineering report, water board approvals, landscape plan, bushfire reports, acoustic reports etc. Occasionally additional reports may be needed from you
- Seek the approval of your local authorities to commence
- Organise for a peg out survey
- Provide you with information on what you need to do to prepare for construction
What we need from you:
- Your three completed stages of colour selections
- If you’re a knock down rebuild customer you’ll need to lodge a demolition application (we can send you the link) and have this demolition completed before Ferntree Homes can commence construction. We highly recommend no demolition take place until you have received council approval for your new home.
- Provide a letter from your lender saying building can commence
- Sign and return our validation letter and construction plan
6. The New Home Build Construction
Now it’s time to watch your new Sutherland Shire home come to life.
What do we do?
- Our site coordinator will assess your Sydney site
- We’ll send you a copy of the approved construction plan. We’ll also let you know who your building supervisor and customer assistance representative are
- Now it gets really exciting as we begin site works including excavation, piering, pouring of the slab, frame delivery, brickwork and tiling
- Organise all mandatory inspections by third parties including the final inspection by the certifier and organise for all relevant documentation the certifying authority requires from Ferntree Homes.
What we need from you:
- You can request a site visit through your supervisor at numerous stages
- A final walk through of the home where your supervisor will present you with the finished design
- When you receive your occupation certificate all that’s left to do is move into your brand new home
7. Enjoy Your New Home!
The big moment has finally arrived! Upon settlement, we’ll meet and present you with the keys to your new home, which is when you’ll see your dreams become a reality.
Why choose Ferntree Homes for your New Home Build?
Ferntree Homes has been completing all kinds of new home builds for over 25 years – we’ve seen it all. So if you’re looking for reliable, experienced, efficient, friendly and quality new home build specialists in the Sutherland Shire, simply call Ferntree Homes now!